Thursday, June 19, 2014

BBW Semi Annual Sale Haul

Well hello there everyone! Long time no talk. Sorry about that, that's definitely my fault. I've been spending my days working long hours (and baking in the sun on my days off) which hasn't left me too much time to blog. One of the reasons I've been so busy is because it is officially the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale. As an employee, it is simultaneously my favorite time of year and the bane of my existence (there's nothing like spending 2 hours putting together a table of handsoap!).

Lucky for me, I got to pick up some of my favorite products for super cheap! And lucky for you, I'm going to give you the inside scoop on what I got. 


For those of you who don't know, Semi-Annual Sale happens every year in January and June and if there's ever a time to shop at BBW those are the times to do it. Not only are there crazy discounts (75% off anyone?) but they also bring back discontinued products that aren't available during the regular year. I didn't stock up on too many of those, but I did find quite a few things to add to my growing collection.

(Note: I am not getting compensated for this post and I only used my employee discount on one product which is marked below. All opinions are my own!)

Forever Midnight Fragrance Mist // Forever Midnight Body Cream

How excited was I to see that the full size fragrance mist and the body cream in Forever Midnight were only $8?! So excited! The Forever Collection are the most expensive products in the store (and they are slightly higher quality) but for me it's hard to justify a full priced purchase. The Forever Midnight is definitely a stronger fragrance and I know a lot of people feel it's more night time appropriate because it's more of a traditional perfume. It's vanilla orchid, plum nectar, and carmel liquor which I absolutely love and it wears really nicely on my skin. If you like Twilight Woods try this!

Oahu Coconut Shower Gel // Cashmere Glow Shower Gel

Our shower gels are my latest obsession, and when they're knocked down to the same price as what I normally buy for drug store body washes, how can I say no? (Answer: I can't). So I picked up the Oahu Coconut Shower Gel which is coconut scented but also has bergamot and lily notes in it, so it's a bit floral. I also grabbed the Cashmere Glow Shower Gel which I'll probably save for winter time since it's a bit warmer of a scent made up of peaches and vanilla.

Ever since I've been pairing the shower gels with the loofah my life has changed. The lather is phenomenal, which unleashes the fragrance and it fills my whole bathroom which is awesome! Not to mention the loofah lathers so much better than a wash cloth so I get to 3 times as much use out of the bottle (a broke girl's dream!).

Endless Weekend Body Scrub // Apricot and White Tea Face Scrub

These two products I'm a little less familiar with. The company came out with the Endless Weekend Body Scrub while I was away at school, but I got to try a few other of the pink sand scrubs when I worked over spring break. I've played around with this product a little bit in the store and I did use it earlier this week in the shower and let me tell you, I'm obsessed. The pink sand in the scrub is a great exfoliant because unlike sugar, it doesn't dissolve when it hits the water. For someone with really dry legs (me) it's just what the doctor ordered. This product is currently full price so I was able to apply my employee discount to it, but I totally would have bought it anyway.

The Apricot and White Tea Face scrub is something that I've only used once BUT it comes highly recommended from my coworkers who practically forced it into my bag when they heard I'd never used it. I'm planning on using it twice  a week as a gentle exfoliant and hopefully it will help keep my skin soft and clear. Unfortunately you can't get it online, but if you can find it in your local store I think it's worth giving it a try!


Do you have any Bath and Body Works favorites? Did you stock up during this month's sale? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment