Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday's Fashion Finds: Utility Jackets

Hello friends! I'm super excited for this post because it's the first one that involves photos from my new camera! I decided to treat myself to a Nikon D3200 for a grad gift. Although I will admit that I may have shed a tear (and my debit card might have too) while actually making the purchase, I think it was definitely worth it. So today I had a mini self-timer photo shoot in my drive way (where I may have received some questioning looks from some of my neighbors), so please bear with me and my super awkward posing for now!

And now we're on to what you actually came here to read about: the fashion! So I don't know if it's because I spent all spring on a college campus, but I feel like everywhere I look I've been seeing girls in utility jackets. I loved the look so much that I made it a point to pick one up for myself! I've always loved the layered look, so it's no surprise that a jacket has become a favorite piece in my current wardrobe. I nabbed this one from Old Navy a few weeks ago and the two of us have been practically inseparable ever since! 


Probably my favorite thing about this jacket (besides the fact that I got it on sale-- your girl is broke!)  is that it has a tie that runs throughout the waistline so you can cinch it in a little bit which makes the cut super flattering! Is there really anything worse than super boxy jacket? I don't think so.


Since the jacket has a military feel to it, I wanted to keep it paired with some feminine pieces since that's more my style. I already had this lace v-neck in my closet from years ago, so it was a perfect match! Especially since I love coral and army green together, such a great color combo for spring time.


And then I threw on these sandals from Target that I have been living in ever since the temperature came into the 50s. They had them in so many colors you would not believe the will power it took for me to only walk away with one of them.


Jacket- Old Navy
Shirt- Forever21 (old)
Jeans- Old Navy
Shoes- Target
Necklace- Burlington Coat Factory

Other Utility Jackets

Do you have any favorite spring trends? For you fashion bloggers out there, any posing tips for me? Can't wait to hear from you guys! 


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love utility jackets! Unfortunately it's just too hot where I live to ever wear one but the look of it is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather where I live is so strange! It's 55F one day and then in the 80s the next! But I'm always chilly on summer nights so I think I'll get lots of use out of this all summer :)

      Delete