Wednesday, April 2, 2014

(Tardy) Top 5 Tuesday: BBW Fragrances

So obviously I know today is Wednesday, but time got away from me yesterday and I never got a chance to do a post. I could have chosen something else, but I'm not feeling particularly inspired to do anything other than a list. I guess I could have went with a different title, but I just decided to call it what it is-- a Top 5 Tuesday (on Wednesday). Oops!

But let's get down to business. You may not know this about me, but I did a brief stint working for Bath and Body Works over winter break this year. Just throwing it out there that I no longer work there and in no way shape or form am I getting any compensation for this post. In fact, I think I probably spent more money on their products while I was working there than I actually brought home in my pay checks. Working retail is dangerous when you have limited self control like I do. So now here I am, a girl with too much lotion and too little time. And because I now consider myself a fragrance expert (2 months of working there totally qualifies me as an expert...) I figured I could let you guys in on some of my favorites.

1) Country Chic
(Source)

I honestly forgot how much I love the Country Chic products. This is probably one of the only things I owned before this December when I went a little crazy with my purchases. The scent is citrus and wild flowers and it's literally perfect for spring! It's on the lighter/cleaner side when it comes to scents because of the citrus so it's definitely something that is totally appropriate for day time. I stumbled upon it in my secret stash a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it every day since.

2) Twilight Woods
(Source)

Twilight Woods is probably my favorite scent in the whole store. It's definitely one of the heavier scents from BBW but that's why I love it! It makes me feel like I'm wearing a fancy-schmancy perfume because it has such a deep tone. It's probably more of a "winter scent" but I will still wear it all year round. I looked up the description on the website (normally I don't care what they "really" smell like as long as they smell good to me!) and it says it is "apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress." Not too sure what mimosa petals smell like, but if it's a part of Twilight Woods then I probably love it.

3) Forever Red
(Source)

I am obsessed with Forever Red, but it's a luxury fragrance so unfortunately that means my wallet can't really support that at the moment. I scored the fragrance mist on a super discount during the Semi- Annual Sale (it comes up again in June and let me tell you, if there was ever a time to stock up on body care products, that would be it). This is a sweeter and fruitier fragrance because it smells like pomegranate and vanilla rum. It's pretty great if I do say so.

4) Oahu Coconut Sunset
(Source)

Okay so this fragrance made it into my favorites more because of the exclusive products that got released. When I was home on Spring Break I was bored out of my mind so I popped into visit some of my co-workers and I saw they had fun new things to try! So I tried the Pink Sand Body Scrub which is my new favorite thing and is next on my wish list. But as the palest person I know, I also really loved the Beach Glow Lotion because I'm always down for a good fake tan. I don't believe it's a permanent self-tanner, I'm pretty sure it's more like a tinted moisturizer. But hey, it's one step closer to helping me look like my skin has actually seen the light of day. I'm always embracing my inner Snooki and I would encourage you all to do the same.

5) Dark Kiss
(Source)

I was literally so angry when I found out that they were discontinuing Dark Kiss. This was another one that I used a few years ago. It is blackberry mixed with vanilla and I actually heard it's pretty similar to one of the Taylor Swift Perfumes but for like 1/4 of the price!! So you can imagine my excitement when they kept it around as an online exclusive. I haven't used up my stock pile (I may or may not have bought about 4 bottles of lotion when I thought it was getting pulled forever), but when it finally comes time to buy more I can rest easy knowing it will still be there.

Do you have a favorite fragrance for spring? Let me know which fragrances are splurge-worthy and what I should be checking out!



6 comments:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to say that I nominated you for a Liebster Award which you can read here - http://www.bloglovin.com/link/post?post=2602283683&blog=12043651&link=aHR0cDovL21ha2V1cGFuZG1lcmluZ3Vlcy5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20vMjAxNC8wNC9saWVic3Rlci1hd2FyZC5odG1s&group=0&frame=1&frame_type=b :) Love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully I can get around to doing this post soon. I love reading other people's :)

      Delete
  2. I think the country chic is a good perfume for summer.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love absolutely love it! Normally I'm not a huge fan of straight up floral perfumes, but the citrus in this one breaks it up and makes it great for summer!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I will definitely check it out! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete