Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday's Fashion Finds: Scalloped Hems

Well this has been quite the busy week! Both basketball teams at UConn won the NCAA Championship which means we are the only school to have both teams win in the same year, and we did it twice! Campus has been quite the exciting place to be this week and add that to the crazy amounts of homework I've been working on and you get 7 days that I have absolutely no idea where they went!

This week has flown by and I am now one week closer to being a college graduate! I've started looking for a dress for the ceremony and it's caused me to start a love affair with scalloped hemlines. 

Look #1
(Paper Crown)

This dress is from Lauren Conrad's new line Paper Crown which is a lot more expensive than her line for Kohls. Me being the wishful thinker that I am thought it might be worth it to splurge on something nice since it's my college graduation. BUT there is no way I'm dishing out $200+ on this dress. I will however, continue to stare at it and wish to the fashion gods that it could be mine.

Look #2
(ASOS)

Even though I'm only actively looking for a dress, I really like the scalloped hemline for shorts. I've mentioned it before, but my style has been shifting into very feminine and romantic lately. A scalloped hem just seems like the perfect way to soften up a pair of shorts! I'm a little nervous to try something like this though, only because I feel like it would be really important to find the right fit in order to really show off the hem. However, I'm quite the lazy shopper and have a strong preference for instant gratification so needing to shop around for the perfect pair for my body type might not be ideal.

Look #3
(PacSun)

Apparently PacSun is the place to go if you want anything scalloped. They seem to have lots of options for shorts and tops. They have this specific top in a few different solids. My personal favorite is this pale green! I personally like to keep the fabric simple and skip out on the crazy patterns so you can actually see that the hem is cut.

What do you think of the scalloped hemline? Any spring trends catch your eye lately? Let me know!



2 comments:

  1. I just love scalloped edges, definitely one of my favorite spring trends!!

    Jessie at BlushandBlonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for some steals and deals because unfortunately a lot of the pieces I was seeing online were a bit pricey!

      Delete