Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday: Musical Ladies

The end of the semester has been showing no mercy on little old me, but I was determined to get a post up! It will be short but sweet, and hopefully is enough to hold you over until UConn decides to give me my life back. As the projects and papers continue to pile up, I've found myself taking frequent (maybe too frequent...) study breaks to keep myself from going over the edge. Nothing cures finals stress like a quick sing a long with your fave ladies. Here's who I've been rocking out to lately!

1) Ellie Goulding- Lights
Ellie Goulding has such a distinct voice that I can't get enough of. It's so funny because you think it's altered in the studio but she sounds exactly the same when she sings live and acoustic. I prefer the Lights because I haven't really listened to much of her recent stuff although I'm sure that's wonderful, too! But this album was used as my workout playlist (lolololol something that is currently completely unnecessary). My top 3 favorites from this are Guns & Horses, Animal, and Your Biggest Mistake.

2) ZZ Ward- 'Til the Casket Drops
This album is my latest obsession. I can't even handle myself when I'm listening to this. They were playing one of her songs in the dining hall this morning and I actually freaked out and fangirled a little bit. It reminds me a little of Rolling in the Deep by Adele which in my mind is perfect. I don't even think I could pick my top 3 favorites to be honest (listen to the whole thing for sure!!) but I'm going to go with Home, Blue Eyes Blind, Put the Gun Down.

3) Miley Cyrus- Bangerz
Okay, I know people love to hate on Miss Miley and I know she does have some problematic behaviors, but Bangerz is SO GOOD. Just give it a chance and don't watch the music videos because you know what you'll be getting yourself into. It's the perfect album to get you excited! It's also funny because some of (okay, most of) the songs are clearly about Liam. Miley is an angry girl these days but that makes for some crazy good music. My current favorites are Love Money Party, #GETITRIGHT, and Do My Thang.


4) Florence + The Machine- Lungs
This is kind of a throwback album, but I love me some Florence. I really don't even know how to describe her music other than it's almost whimsical? But either way it's so great and it's been 5 years since it came out and I'm still not sick of it yet. My top 3 favorites are Drumming Song, Girl With One Eye, and Hurricane Drunk.

5) Jasmine Thompson
(Source)
So this girl is the definition of FABULOUS. First off, she's like 13 but definitely sings well beyond her years. I don't know if she has any originals up but her covers are legit to die for. She does a lot of acoustic work and takes songs from lots of different genres to put together amazing covers. My favorites are Pompeii, I See Fire, and Ain't Nobody.

What have you been listening to lately? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE Ellie Goulding!! Lana del Rey and Lorde would be on my list too!

    Jessie at BlushandBlonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check both of them out! I've heard of them but really only know what songs they sing that are on the radio :)

      Delete