Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday's Fashion Finds: Messy Up 'Dos

So I was watching The Fabulist a few weeks ago, and they featured a trend that I absolutely loved! If you haven't seen The Fabulist (I would consider yourself lucky to be honest...) it's a show on E! that rates top trends each week. It sounds promising, but I assure you if I can't even appreciate it then that says something about just how awkward it is. The panel seems a little stiff so the show can be a bit hard to get through, BUT they did teach me how to do this messy bun look that I'm currently obsessed with. 

(Source)

The look that they did on Kristin Cavalari is super simple! It starts with a pony tail on wavy hair, then they split the pony in half and twist the two pieces together, then you just wrap it around the base and pin it. They have a picture tutorial and a video tutorial so their instructions will be way better than mine!

(Source)

And I couldn't do a messy up 'do post without giving my girl LC a shout out. Sorry if you're sick of seeing her show up on my blog (just kidding, not sorry at all!) Clearly growing up in the real Orange County means having perfectly luscious locks since both Laguna Beach leading ladies are killing their hair game. By the look of this it's just a loose dutch braid on the left side that ends at the nape of her neck and then she adds it to the rest of her hair in a messy bun. 

If you want to learn some cool braiding techniques I highly recommend Cute Girl Hairstyles on YouTube. I used them to learn lots of basics as well as some fancy tricks!

Let me know if you have any hair tutorials you think I should see!


No comments:

Post a Comment