Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday: Chick Flicks

If anyone knows me in real life, then they know I have an addiction to the $5 movie bin at Target. Since snagging my boyfriend's Netflix password, my purchases have subsided, but that doesn't mean my love for movies has.

I've some how managed to narrow it down to the top 5 that I watch over and over and over again. Now I know they aren't necessarily works of genius, but they're always a good time and for me that's what's important! So in no particular order here we go...

1) Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging
(Source)
I know what you're thinking, it's a Nickelodeon movie... But it's a British Nickelodeon movie! It's based on the first two books in the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison which hold a special place in my heart since I read nearly all of them in my early high school years. It's got a cute plot about a girl with a crush, a sassy soundtrack, and is guaranteed to leave you feeling all giddy on the inside.

Also, it features Aaron Johnson as a babe which is awesome because now he looks like this. WHY?!

2) Clueless
(Source)
Honestly, this is probably my favorite movie of all time. I think I watched it every night for an entire week this summer. Cher Horowitz is my spirit animal. (I'm currently wearing nail polish named "Ugh, As If..." and the fact that that's its name is making my entire week!) But this movie has it all-- 90s fashion, Beverly Hills slang, baby Paul Rudd! 

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Fine holiday fun.

3) Legally Blonde
(Source)
Are you sensing a trend here? I like them valley girls, okay? Their humor suits me. I hope by this point you've seen Legally Blonde, but if not you need to watch it immediately. It's about a stereotypical California girl who gets into Harvard Law school in a scheme to win back her ex-boyfriend. Obviously she's brilliant and witty and too good for him. Bring on the sass guys, I'm all about the sass.

4) The Devil Wears Prada
(Source)
I'll admit it, I live vicariously through this movie. Post-graduation I plan to head out to the big bad city and break into the event management biz. The Devil Wears Prada follows an assistant at a fashion magazine while she works under HBIC Meryl Streep ( and let me tell you, her sass factor = maximum). I'm well aware I'll probably be fetching someone's coffee for the first 2+ years of my career and I am 100% okay with and looking forward to that. So whenever I need a taste of something other than this farm town in which I currently reside, I sit back, relax, and look forward to the day I'll be running errands and attending fashion week. 

5) Charlie St. Cloud
(Source)
If you haven't yet seen Charlie St. Cloud and your only reference for Zac Efron's acting is HSM don't be skeptical! Our boy Zac has come a long way since his days as an East High Wildcat and oh my god. Charlie St. Cloud is literally heart wrenching (in a good way? is that possible?) Basically it's about a guy who loses his younger brother and spends the next few years trapped by his guilt.

THIS MOVIE GUYS. SO MANY TEARS. Sometimes after a bad day I need to get all of my feelings out and this movie does the trick. No matter how many times I watch it I'm still sobbing like a baby, but sometimes that's just what you need!


Now it's your turn! Have you seen any of my favorites? Or do you have a movie you think I would like? Let me know in the comments!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my god I completely agree with all of these, also A Cinderella Story! Hahah they're all so great, no matter how old you get! I wrote a piece on Chick Flicks too, but more like why we love them :) :) feel free to check it out, I just followed you on bloglovin :)

    http://alicesantics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  2. Totally love all of these! such a good top 5!

    Gianni xx
    giannic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been loving your blog lately :) Don't be a stranger!!

      Delete
  3. My husband has a great interest in gathering best chick flicks. But last time, I put a condition on watching Legally Blonde and I was surprised when he agreed to take me for shopping the next weekend.

    ReplyDelete