Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday's Fashion Finds: Denim on Denim

Not sure what the weather is like for the rest of the country, but here in CT, February has been one snowy month. However, it's March now and I'm praying to the weather gods for sunshine and temperatures above freezing, because I am officially snowed-out and ready for spring.

So I have to admit, I've been seeing a lot of the denim on denim trend and I am diggin' it. I'm definitely going to give it a go this spring. In my own personal wardrobe, I some how managed to find all the pieces that make up this lovely Gap ensemble which I think is just the cutest thing!

(Source)

Mix it.
After looking at a lot of pictures of this trend, I pinpointed some important aspects that made it work for me. For instance, I really gravitated towards the mixing of washes and really prefer dark wash on bottom and light wash on top.

(Source)

Layer it.
I also had a strong preference for looks that had a third piece of a different fabric. In the picture above, she has styled it with a white patterned sweater, in the Gap outfit the denim button down is left open to reveal the white tank top, and in this picture below it's paired with a white blazer. To me the extra piece makes it more wearable and less in your face.

(Source- Sincerely Jules)

Accessorize it.
If you don't want a third piece, I think the right accessories can be enough to break it up in the same was as a jacket or sweater could. I loved the skinny neon belt in this look and the fact that the shirt has the polka dot pattern really softens it up for me.

(Source- GBO Fashion)

However, please be careful with this trend darlings, we don't want a repeat of 2001.

(Source)

So thanks for giving this a read, and if you want to follow some super fashionable ladies, just click through the source of the pictures!

Let me know what spring fashion trend you're most looking forward to in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment