Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday: TV Shows to Finish

I don't know about how it's been for the rest of you, but this school year has been pretty hectic for me. Not quite as much time to devote to Netflix, and thus I have fallen behind in many a show. I've definitely had to prioritize my television lately, especially over the course of the last year or two. But with spring break coming up next week I can hopefully schedule in some time to turn off my brain and enjoy some (not so?) quality television.

Here's a list of the Top 5 TV Shows I haven't finished. No spoilers please!!

1) Gossip Girl
(Source)

So I'm not going to lie, I may or may not have tuned in for the series finale of Gossip Girl after neglecting it for 2 seasons. It's so unlike me because I absolutely hate to have endings spoiled for me! BUT THEY WERE REVEALING GOSSIP GIRL, I HAD TO WATCH. Regardless, I could use a good throw back and am eager to watch the early episodes where they all look so young--Jenny actually looks like a normal person! Plus that's where all the good drama was in my opinion.

But for those of you who don't watch it's a show about rich kids living in the Upper East Side of NYC (my favorite kind of show whether it's scripted or not!). 

They start off being ridiculous in high school and move on to being ridiculous in college. 

2) Breaking Bad
(Source)

I know what you're thinking, "Elise! This show is actually...good." Breaking Bad definitely isn't the kind of smut I normally watch. I actually made it through the first 3 seasons of this last year and I know I need to put this one to the top of the list of shows to finish!  With all the hype this show has I don't know how the ending hasn't been spoiled for me yet. I'm definitely playing with fire though. I've been putting it off because I know I need to start from the beginning in order to get back into it but that's so many hours of TV!

But basically, sad little chemistry teacher gets diagnosed with cancer. Sells meth to pay for chemo. Mayhem ensues.

3) Modern Family
(Source)

GUYS MODERN FAMILY IS SO FUNNY. It also wins the Emmys every year (because it's great, duh). I feel off the Modern Family train right around the time they aged up Lily. Although I do miss the babies who only had one facial expression, I do need to give the new little girl a shot. There is no excuse for falling behind on this one because you don't even need to watch them in order! (But like I mentioned spoilers are the bane of my existence so I watch EVERYTHING in order).

If you've never seen it (shame on you) it's about a giant blended family whose daily lives play out in hilarious shenanigans.

4) Grey's Anatomy
(Source)

I feel obligated to finish this one out because I devoted so many hours of my life to this show. I have such a love/hate relationship with this show! There have been so many times where I felt like it would have been the perfect time to end it, but then they introduce a TON of new cast members (who you obviously automatically hate because they're competing with your favorites!) and insist on writing more episodes. Then just when you fall in love with it again, the cycle continues.

Hot doctors having sex with other hot doctors. Occasionally they perform surgery.

5) The Office
(Source)

It wasn't the same without Michael Scott! Now don't get me wrong, it was still good, but it was much easier to brush aside after Steve Carell left. I heard the finale was great though, and I only have like half a season left to watch, so I need to watch it ASAP (because by now you know how I feel about spoilers!)

What you wish your office job was actually like. Crazy boss supervises crazy staff while they sell paper to crazy people.

Are any of these shows on your list of ones to finish? Have you already watched and loved them all? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment