Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Target Make-Up Haul

It's been a few days since I came back to school after spending a week at home for Spring Break. While I would have loved to have been lounging on the beach last week, being at home means having access to a car which also means shopping!

I hit up Target before heading back to campus for some affordable new make-up finds and I wasn't disappointed!

Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation in Creme
First off, let me just say my skin has NOT been my friend lately. I've been desperately looking for a foundation with more coverage than the other drug store brands I've been using. Unfortunately they were out of what probably would have been my color for this foundation, but I really wanted to try this brand! I decided to go a shade darker as opposed to a shade lighter, but it is definitely too orange for me. I've been blending it with a lighter shade of the Revlon Photo Ready and it makes it match my skin better. It also has more coverage which I am very pleased about! Definitely needs a setting powder though, it leaves me pretty shiny without.

E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush
I wouldn't say this is the best brush ever made (the top is already a separating from the handle, nothing a little dot of super glue can't fix), but I guess that's what you get for $2.99! Overall I'm a fan of the brush though. I think the new foundation combined with the new brush have definitely made a difference in the coverage I've been getting. I stipple it on and then blend it in by doing circular motions which works out quite nicely.

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in Ivory
I've never used a powder that really provided real coverage on it's own before and I love it! It advertises build-able coverage and I would say that that is pretty accurate. I have dry skin in general so I don't need a lot of mattifying, but the foundation does leave me a little shiny as I mentioned and this takes care of that. I'm used to translucent powders so I didn't realize that a little goes such a long way in terms of color payoff, which as nice but be sure to use it sparingly! 

NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fire Island Tan
I love this as an affordable bronzer. NYC is notoriously inexpensive even within the drugstore realm. This particular bronzer works pretty well, but if you don't like shimmer than you won't like this. It definitely has a little bit of sparkle to it (not glitter) but I think it will look awesome in the summer when the sunlight catches it!

Let me know your favorite drugstore products and if you have any secrets to clear skin!



8 comments:

  1. I love Target! I never go in and leave with just one thing, it's like a curse. I love the ELF brushes, they are so great!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think the brush really makes all the difference with the application. I was using my fingers before that but I feel like I was actually wiping off the product. I'm really happy with the results :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I nominated you for a Liebster Awards, check out my blog: http://rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    xx
    Ariadna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm a frequent reader of your blog :) It was one of the first ones I started reading so that means a lot!

      Delete
  3. There is seriously NOTHING you can't find at Target it seems! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's what makes it so dangerous going in there! Need a few make-up items, come out with make-up, shoes, DVDs, swimsuits. SO MANY NICE THINGS. :)

      Delete
  4. It is a concoction filler that is infused into the skin which thus definitely decreases wrinkle appearance. Makeup ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. More and more women nowadays turn to mineral make up instead of conventional products. This trend, though started several dozen years ago, is gaining increasing momentum only recently along with surging popularity of more natural lifestyle, foods and remedies. 조루수술

    ReplyDelete