Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday: 2014 Oscar Dresses

So I may or may not be guilty of watching all of the Oscars coverage on E! yesterday. Are we really surprised? Anyways, since I devoted roughly 11 hours of my life to the award show yesterday (I may have hit a new level of insanity, even for me) I think I'm pretty qualified to judge the Oscars fashion this year.

So here we go! A ranked list of my top 5 best dressed for the Oscars 2014!

1) Lupita Nyong'o
(Source)

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM THAT SHE WON GUYS. But side note, she also looked absolutely stunning. There are so many things right with this look. First off I am loving the chiffon hardcore, nothing worse in my book than a big taffeta ball gown on the red carpet, it just screams prom night to me. The color is so pretty and fun and refreshing compared to the snooze-fest that was all of those nude dresses! Also A+ for the headband, I love me some headbands.

2) Sandra Bullock
(Source)

Sandy killed it for me in this navy blue number. It hugs her body perfectly and even though I think it's taffeta (gag), I love the way it photographs. The sweet heart neckline and the gathering in the front are just to die for. I also love the way she styled her hair!

3) Charlize Theron
(Source)

Charlize looks flawless. The first think I noticed about this dress was the shape. It fits her so nicely and I love that how when it starts to go out again there is some sheerness. Giving some excitement to a black dress! I also like the illusion straps, which I wasn't completely sold on originally, but I think it does give it some spice, which I always enjoy.

4) Kate Hudson
(Source)

For me, Kate Hudson was one of the only women on the red carpet that took a risk which actually paid off. This dress is not in a forgiving material and she looks crazyyyyyy good in it. Love the draping in the back. The dress just has this old Hollywood vibe and I'm digging it hard.

5) Maria Menounos
(Source)

Now I know you're probably thinking-- why was Maria Menounos at the Oscars? BUT Maria Menounos wins life because this dress is so my style. I LOVE open back dresses and I also love things that accentuate the waist. This silhouette is perfect for my body type (hence why I am so drawn to it). If I was going to the oscars (or my wedding?) you can bet I'd be wearing this.

Also, her hair looks bomb.

Which were your favorite Oscar looks? Let me know in the comments!!


2 comments:

  1. Sandra was stunning that night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! She looks so good all of the time. My favorite look from her ever was the short black lace dress. Flawless!

      Delete